Re: Minutes from the DPG meeting @DebConf9, 2009-07-18

On Sat, 18 Jul 2009 23:05:28 +0300, Damyan Ivanov wrote:

> rename source packages to be lib*-perl:
>  - ask ftp-masters if this is too painful for them
>  - possibly also rename binary packages not following lib*-perl
>    pattern (with all the caveats: Provides, update dependencies)
>  - volunteers needed

I just talked to Ganneff:
Renamed source packages are new source package names and have to go
through NEW -- with one exception: if there already is a binary
package with this name there's already an override in place that also
works for the new source package name.

I.e. in our case where we want to adjust the source package name to
the binary package name it's safe and shouldn't cause anybody any
work.

I'm planning on doing these changes today in the repo.

 .''`.   http://info.comodo.priv.at/ -- GPG Key IDs: 0x00F3CFE4, 0x8649AA06
 `. `'   Member of VIBE!AT, SPI Inc., fellow of FSFE | http://got.to/quote/
   `-    BOFH excuse #324:  Your packets were eaten by the terminator