Re: libdebctrl Update

Jonathan Yu <jonathan.i.yu@gmail.com> writes:

> I think it would be useful if:
> a) The library accepted any given architecture; but
> b) The library warns when something looks fishy, like:
>     i) an unsatisfiable condition as discussed above
>     ii) the architecture isn't in the known list -- more of a, "hey,
> you might have typo'd here, or the list I'm using is out of date, so
> please file a bug report"
>     iii) a particular architecture is specified twice

For the record, what Lintian does is check the architecture against the
list generated by dpkg-architecture and warn if it's not in that list.
It doesn't check for things like !i386 i386 or for duplicates.

That makes sense to me.

> c) The library could clean up such strange things before writing the file

Yeah, although in some cases the meaning is ambiguous.  I'm not sure if
you want to just strip out ambiguous or bad data.  But duplicates it
could definitely remove.