Re: Status of Test-Apocalypse

On May 11, 2009, at 5:14, Ryan Niebur wrote:

Hi Jeremiah,

On Fri, May 08, 2009 at 10:04:06AM +0200, Jeremiah Foster wrote:
Jeremiah, for libtest-strict-perl it looks like somebody just needs to
do the TODOs listed in the changelog.

I will do this, now.

I see that you did this, thanks for that. however it doesn't show up
in the "ready for upload" section in PET because there's a new
upstream version. can you please svn-upgrade it or do you want me to?

I shall do it immediately. :)

Jeremiah, it looks like libtest-file-perl just needs you to either ask
upstream to make the change or patch it in.

I suspect I will have to patch it in myself, I have talked with upstream about this, but only in passing. I will try and discuss it again but I
doubt brian will want my advice on how to build his modules.

looking at this myself, I see no need to ask brian to move the
file. afaik, the correct fix for this is to make a change to the
Makefile.PL like this:
-               'lib/File.pm' => '$(INST_MAN3DIR)/Test::File.3',
+ 'lib/File.pm' => '$(INST_MAN3DIR)/Test::File.$ (MAN3EXT)',

that should also be changed upstream. If you want me to I can patch
that into the package and forward it upstream.

That would be excellent - thanks for working this out.

I don't mean to rush you on these packages, sorry if I come across
that way (I kind of feel like I am..).

Not at all, please don't feel that way. What you are doing is the hard work of co-ordinating the debian-perl group so that specific software can get into debian and reach users. This is really, really important. I think you have been helpful and professional so I thank you for your efforts.

Warm regards,

Jeremiah