Re: Google Summer of Code Proposals

Jonathan Yu <jonathan.i.yu@gmail.com> writes:

> So if you have any ideas, please let me know as soon as possible, and
> I'll try to submit them as proposals for this summer :-)

One difficulty I had to create package was to understand all the
informations I had to enter in debian files, be it control, changelog,
copyright and so on...

So, this may be a crazy idea, but, to me, this bunch of file is like a
set of configuration files that are used by dpkg-build.

[ some of you are already saying "uh-oh" ;-) ]

If there are configuration files, they can be modelized. If they can be
modelized, Config::Model can provide a GUI to help people create
packages ...

This way, instead of editing files with different syntaxes, people would
just need to fill the field in the GUI provided by Config::Model (with
on-line help).

(If you go this way, I'll really have to add the 'wizard' part to
Config::Model GUI)

--
Dominique Dumont
"Delivering successful solutions requires giving people what they

irc:
  domidumont at irc.freenode.net
  ddumont at irc.debian.org