Re: Task::Kensho from Enlightened Perl

-=| Dominique Dumont, Tue, Mar 31, 2009 at 04:54:32PM +0200 |=-
> Gabor Szabo <szabgab@gmail.com> writes:
>
> > So I'd like to ask you to add Task::Kensho to the list of perl
> > packages you include in Debian. Satisfying all of the dependencies
> > will bring a nice subset of CPAN to the Debian users.
>
> Hmm, as a Debian user, I fail to see why I would want to install
> libtask-kensho-perl.

You wouldn't.

> On the other hand, providing debian packages for all the module
> listed in this project is probably a good idea.

I wonder how come noone needed these modules and why they are not in
Debian yet. Perhaps the people that have made the selection use some
criteria that is not tightly attached to ...erm... what Debian users
need?

We are rather open and don't stay in the way of people wanting to
package modules they need on their Debian systems. Packaging random
collections OTOH is something I see little gain from, and the workload
increase is not something I'd favour just for the idea.