Re: DebCamp, DebConf, GSoC

On Fri, 13 Mar 2009 12:39:47 -0600, Gunnar Wolf wrote:

> > 1) DebCamp
> Yup - you beat me to this :)

:)

> I will be arriving on July 17, so I am up
> for it and interested starting right on that day. Well, July 18 (as I
> don't know what time will I arrive and how jetlagged will I feel).

I haven't booked anything yet but I plan to arrive on (or around) the
16th. Maybe Saturday 18th might indeed be a good day for a meeting,
provided those attending DebCamp have arrived by then.

> > 2) DebConf
> > In parallel to the start of the registration period the Call for
> > Papers for DebConf was issued [2]. Maybe we have some ideas for talks
> > or BoFs which some members of the group might give or which might be
> > interesting for us?
> If Jeremiah pesters us all strong enough to get the articles for the
> The Perl Review issue, it might be worth showing that off..?

Is there a timeline (I thought it was more a general idea)?
And I'm not sure that fills a talk - unless we read the whole
magazine to the audience :)

> Also,
> some inter-teams meeting such as the ones we held in DC8 could be
> nice.

True; any specific ideas?

I had a vague idea the other night on my way to bed: something about
"integrating new members into teams" ...

 .''`.   Home: http://info.comodo.priv.at/{,blog/} / GPG Key ID: 0x00F3CFE4
 `. `'   Member of VIBE!AT, SPI Inc., fellow of FSFE | http://got.to/quote/
   `-    NP: The Dubliners: The band played Waltzing Matilda