Re: Sys::SigAction

On Mon, Jan 19, 2009 at 11:34 AM,  <jeffrey.ratcliffe@gmail.com> wrote:
> Would I be correct in assuming that the following copyright[1] does not
> adhere to the DFSG:
>
> You may distribute under the terms of either the GNU General Public
> License or the Artistic License, as specified in the Perl README file,
> with the exception that it cannot be placed on a CD-ROM or similar media
> for commercial distribution without the prior approval of the author.
>
> A shame, as it is included in forks[2], which would be really useful.
>
> Regards
>
> Jeff
>
> [1]http://search.cpan.org/~lbaxter/Sys-SigAction-0.10/lib/Sys/SigAction.pm
> [2]http://search.cpan.org/~rybskej/forks/lib/forks.pm

I think the work done by the Debian Perl group is awesome in both the terms of
integration AND in terms of getting checking the licenses of the modules.

I'd recommend sending a polite e-mail to the author asking him if that
restriction
could be relaxed for Debian specifically or better yet for everyone in general.

Having more modules adhere to a simple standard of licenses is just as important
as having a standard way of installing modules (Makefile.PL) or a standard
way to writing and running unit tests during installation.

regards
   Gabor