Request to update libnet-pcap-perl

Hello,

I am the maintainer of Net::Pcap, the Perl interface to the libpcap, packaged under the name libnet-pcap-perl in Debian. I was recently checking the CPANTS metrics of Net::Pcap, and was surprised to discover that Debian still ships the very old version 0.04 in all its distribution:
  » http://packages.debian.org/src:libnet-pcap-perl

Is there any reasons like compilation problems to prevent it from being updated? Recent versions of Net::Pcap fixed a number of bugs, added several features, and the documented API was changed to be on par with the C API (while still keeping backward compatibility with the old Perl API).

Thanks in advance

--
Sébastien Aperghis-Tramoni

Close the world, txEn eht nepO.