Re: Policy/Uploaders/DM

On Fri, 22 Feb 2008 10:28:58 +0200, Damyan Ivanov wrote:

> > > Please go ahead and
> > Why did I expect that reply? :)
> Yeah, sorry for not taking more acive role in this. I really should, as
> I was the one pus hing for the changes (that we're reverting now) in the
> first place :/

No problem, I wouldn't have asked the question if I hadn't been
prepared to work on it :)

> > Find below the diff between policy.pod and policy.draft.
> Thanks for preparing this.
> I agree with your changes, with one question:

Thanks.

> > +The Debian project has adopted the Debian Maintainers (DM) concept (cf.
> > +L<http://www.debian.org/vote/2007/vote_003>) in Summer 2007. The pkg-perl group
> > +doesn't see this approach fit for its workflow and is not actively using
> > +it.
> How strong is that meant?

Yup, that's the question, and my wording is just a first attempt to
get to a clarification.

> DM (the concept) forbidden, discouraged, is
> decided on a case-by-case basis (how?)?

Hm, I guess "discouraged" is clearer and roughly what I tried to
express with "not actively using"; "forbidden" seems difficult
because a DD in theory still can decide to upload a package with
DM-U-A. (And I'd rather not have the "case-by-case basis" written
down because that leads to the mess we have now :))

 : :' :  debian: the universal operating system - http://www.debian.org/
   `-    NP: Treibhaus: Heroes of Woodstock