Re: Reply to some questions about Config::Model package

On Sat, 20 Dec 2008 18:45:30 +0100, Dominique Dumont wrote:

> Here we go:

Thanks!

> >   - /usr/bin/config-edit sounds like a very generic name; is it
> >   needed (under /usr/bin/)? should it be renamed?
> config-edit is indeed a very generic name. That's because
> Config::Model is also a generic framework. As a framework,
> Config::Model is able to edit any kind of (well, most of)
> configuration file provided (here's the rub) that a model is
> available.

Ok, I see.

> So far, the only model worth talking about are the sshd_config and
> ssh_config model [2] . With these model, users will be able to edit
> /etc/ssh/sshd_config with the following command:

If config-edit's purpose is to edit files that are only writable by
root it should probably to go /usr/sbin.
But if it's for all kind of config files (also under $HOME) then
/usr/bin is fine ...

> >   - Build.PL talks about Term::ReadLine::Perl or Term::ReadLine::Gnu; should
> >     they be in Suggests?
> Yes. You're right.

Ok.

> I have another question, config-edit is much easier to use with the
> Gui (or the Curses interface). I still need to package these modules
> for Debian. Is it acceptable to "Recommend" package which are not yet
> available ? Or should I wait for them to be available before adding
> them in the Recommends list of libconfig-model-perl ?

Please wait with the Recommends until the packages are available:
* apt (since a few months) installs Recommends by default.
* "No unmet recommends relations inside main" is a lenny release goal
  (and of course also valid for after-lenny):
  http://release.debian.org/lenny/goals.txt

 .''`.   Home: http://info.comodo.priv.at/{,blog/} / GPG Key ID: 0x00F3CFE4
 `. `'   Member of VIBE!AT, SPI Inc., fellow of FSFE | http://got.to/quote/
   `-    NP: Johnny Cash: The Man Comes Around