Re: Request to Join Project Debian Perl Group

On Mon, 01 Dec 2008 04:59:15 +0000, noreply@alioth.debian.org wrote:

> Nobuhiro Iwamatsu has requested to join your project.

Hi Nobuhiro!

> I want ot join this project.
> Because the package which is necessary for the package which I
> maintain is managed by this project.
> At first I want to maintain them.

I guess that's libfont-freetype-perl where you've already filed
#503937 (needed by defoma).
It's a shame that nobody has replied yet; probably nobody felt
comfortable enough with the complex situation.

I think it's a good idea if you can directly take care of it, and
you will get help on the packaging part fo sure, if needed.

> And I want to cooperate with the maintenance of other perl packages.

Even better :)

I've added you to the pkg-perl group on Alioth now - welcome aboard!

Please read the documentation on http://pkg-perl.alioth.debian.org/
(especially policy.html and subversion.html) if you haven't done that
already anyway; since you have a patch prepared
http://pkg-perl.alioth.debian.org/howto/quilt.html might be
interesting too.

And don't hesitate to ask anything, either here on the list or on
#debian-perl (irc.debian.org / OFTC).

 .''`.   Home: http://info.comodo.priv.at/{,blog/} / GPG Key ID: 0x00F3CFE4
 `. `'   Member of VIBE!AT, SPI Inc., fellow of FSFE | http://got.to/quote/
   `-    NP: Dido: Take My Hand