Greetings POD people!

Hello everyone!

I've taken over maintenance of the sixapart (nee danga) packages
(MogileFS, perlbal, gearman) for the purpose of including them in the
debian and ubuntu repositories. For those of you not familiar, these are
all perl-based apps that handle various facets of large-scale websites
-- load balancing, file distribution, and call remoting.

I've done a bit of packaging of web servers on my own (handling
repackaging of lighttpd), but I'd like to formalize the availability
of these tools. I can make my way around the debhelpers, but I
keep getting snagged on small policy decisions.

I'm the co-founder of Fluther.com (a sort of hip, intelligent Q&A
site) where I run a python shop. Perl was my first love, though. I'm
also an actor in LA.

What I'm looking to contribute:
There are a few straight perl modules that haven't made it into the
repository yet (libgearman-server-perl, libperlbal-perl) that I'd
like to help fold in, and I'm more than happy to help with any
perl applications that may come up, since I have some experience
hacking up init.d files and figuring out how to distribute conf files.

I can also treat you to some amazing food in the greater Los Angeles
area.

Pleasure to meet you.

Andrew McClain
Alioth username: awmcclain