Re: Introduction

-=| Brian Cassidy, Thu, Nov 13, 2008 at 03:26:35PM -0400 |=-

> I've registered myself an account (bricas-guest) and I guess the next
> step is to introduce myself to the list.

Welcome to the group!

> My name is Brian Cassidy, I've been a perl dev for about 10 years and
> a CPAN contributor for about 8 and a half of those
> (http://search.cpan.org/~BRICAS/). I have a number of distributions
> that I maintain, about 45, of varying utility.
>
> I'm a core developer in the Catalyst project and I'm a web developer
> by day so a number of my interests reside in that area of business.

We don't mind heavy artillery at all :)

There is also the Catalyst team[1], in case you missed it.

    [1] http://pkg-catalyst.alioth.debian.org/

> I've played around with dh-make-perl and I've set up a local deb
> repository for our Ubuntu servers -- however, I'd like to get
> acquainted with the proper packaging process starting with my
> WebService::Solr module.

Well, dh-make-perl automates most of the work on creating a package
from scratch. I'll add to the already mentioned documents that
Developers corner[2] has pointers to all bits and pieces if you are
curious. The Perl policy[3] would be of particular interest perhaps.

    [2] http://www.debian.org/devel/
    [3] http://www.debian.org/doc/packaging-manuals/perl-policy/

As Gregor said, this list and the IRC channel are at your disposal.