Re: Template Toolkit, Template::DBI and Etch updates breakage

Dominic Hargreaves dijo [Tue, Nov 04, 2008 at 01:07:50PM +0000]:
> It was a deliberate decision not to proactively package Template::DBI
> based on the fact that no package used that functionality at the time
> (and presumably still doesn't).
>
> If it's now considered essential, then another option would be to
> repackage Template::DBI inside the main TT package as a high-urgency
> upload (and preparing a package for NEW) if that would make it more
> likely to be accepted by the release team.
>
> I am happy to do the work either as a NEW package for lenny or as
> described above, if there is consensus.

Umh, IMHO it would be way cleaner and better to make this a new
package. After all, the release team are not robots, and I guess that
making this a clean solution will look much better in their eyes than
clumping (hiding even?) a full module inside this package.

Greetins,

PGP key 1024D/8BB527AF 2001-10-23