Re: volunteering for adding Padre to Debian

-=| Alex Muntada, Tue, Sep 09, 2008 at 01:21:03PM +0200 |=-
> Just for fun, I started packaging Padre for Ubuntu and published
> version 0.4 and 0.5 in Launchpad PPA, along with many of its
> dependencies. However, it doesn't make sense to duplicate our
> efforts so joining this team seems the best course of action.
>
> After being playing for some weeks with bzr-builddb and pbuilder,
> I think that now I'm prepared to volunteer any help you may need
> to package Padre for Debian, which is the natural way to provide
> most packages for Ubuntu, particularly for Perl.
>
> So, how can I help you?

Hi Alex,

Thanks for the offer, your help is very much welcome! :)

The current state is tracked at http://bugs.debian.org/492696 (cc-ed)

Basically, there is a heap of dependencies that aren't packaged yet.

Adding perl modules to Debian is best done via the Debian Perl Group,
so you have come to the right place :)

Please tell me your username on alioth.debian.org so I can add you to
the pkg-perl project. Mandatory reading includes policy.html and
subversion.html on http://pkg-perl.alioth.debian.org/ . Yes, module
packages are maintained in a huge subversion repository. There are
other useful documents on that site too, feel free to browse them.

For added confusion, Padre packaging is maintained using Git at
http://git.debian.org/?p=pkg-perl/apps/padre.git;a=summary
(git-clone ssh://git.debian.org/git/pkg-perl/apps/padre.git after you
have been added too the project)

I am sure you will have questions. Please ask on this list or on
#debian-perl channel on irc.debian.org (OFTC).