Downloading packages with AptPkg (libapt-pkg-perl)

[ I'm not subscribed to the list, will look at archives, but if you ]
[ can please cc me in replies. Thanks                               ]

Hi,

I'm trying to use libapt-pkg-perl to [log story short] and then download
the packages but I can't find a way to get the actual URI to download
the .deb files.

The closest I've come is to try to parse/match values from an
AptPkg::Cache::PkgFile object and AptPkg::PkgRecords->lookup() results
into a URI but this seems like a big hack.

In contrast it's trivial to get URI to the .dsc, orig.tar.gz, diff.gz
files using AptPkg::Source. Why is there no such thing for binary (.deb)
files?

What would be the best way (using as little as possible besides AptPkg)
to get the URI to download a .deb?

Cheers,
Mark.