Re: libconfig-scoped-perl

Hi,

On Sat, Aug 16, 2008 at 09:48:37AM -0300, gregor herrmann wrote:
> On Sat, 16 Aug 2008 13:24:06 +0200, Angel Abad (Indio) wrote:
>
> > > I will ask to upstream, but I think the recompilation of Grammar is
> > > only for Config::Scope developers.
>
> That was indeed a good idea.
>
> > The upstream author email me this:
> >  "you are right, the P::RD is only necessary if a developer
> >   wants to change parts of the grammar. A module user doesn't
> >   need the patch. He should not patch his P::RD module."
>
> Ok.
>
> > So, I think if the user doesnt need the patch I can package the module
> > without patch.
>
> The question is if the patch is used during building of the package
> (the .tgz in the source package doesn't hurt IMO).

No, the .tgz is only used if you edit lib/Config/Scoped/Grammar.prd,
then you need to rebuild lib/Config/Scoped/Precomp.pm via

make precompile

This is only made by module develpers, and the .tgz isnt used during
the normal build via

perl Makefile.PL
make
make test
make install

Other thing Gregor, I will not include example/cfgtest.pl in the
package because it has no sense out of the distribution tarball.

I will switch to unstable the package.

Bye!