Re: libconfig-scoped-perl

Hi,

On Thu, Aug 14, 2008 at 05:48:22PM -0300, gregor herrmann wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I took a look at libconfig-scoped-perl today and added some TODOs to
> the changelog. Two are simple but what really bothers me is the
> included patched version of Parse::RecDescent

Opps! I use Config::Scoped, but I never recompile the
Grammar.prd. Really I don't know how to integrate the patch in the
package. If somebody have any ideas?...

I will ask to upstream, but I think the recompilation of Grammar is
only for Config::Scope developers.

But, in the upstream ToDo:

  Convince Damian Conway to apply the P::RD patch in the next
  release. The patch is used in this package to enable inheritance for
  precompiled grammar packages. P::RD works fine with inheritance but
  not the precompiled packages. In the precompiled packages the
  one-argument form of bless() is used, this is the main problem. I
  patched P::RD to create inheritable precompiled packages from the
  grammar files. This does NOT mean you have to patch YOUR P::RD
  installation! The patch is only necessary to create the
  Config::Scoped::Precomp package from the grammar file. If someone
  likes to play with the grammar, use the patched R::RD in this
  distribution. I sent the patch to Damian but didn't get a reply. This
  geek is just to busy.

So, I will write to the upstream author, and put off the ITP waiting
for pacth in Parse::RecDescent.

Cheers!