Re: Procedural question - a bug in perl-modules :)

On Tue, 15 Jul 2008 19:17:50 +0300, Peter Pentchev wrote:

> I've found the problem - two (or maybe three) problems,
> actually - and I've opened a CPAN ticket against libnet -
> http://rt.cpan.org/Ticket/Display.html?id=37700
>
> Now, how to deal with the Debian side?  One option is to notify
> Brendan O'Dea, the perl-modules maintainer, immediately; another one
> is to wait a while for Graham Barr's reaction to the CPAN ticket.

I'd file a bug against the perl-modules Debian package, pointing to
the CPAN bug report, then Brendan and Niko know about the issue and
can deal with it in which ways suits them best.

> My personal preference is towards the second option - after all,
> it will probably be much wiser for the Debian maintainers to integrate
> an upstream fix :)

Right, that's better and easier in general.

> My only worry is that we might be getting a bit
> ahead in the Lenny release cycle; or would such a fix be uploaded
> with a higher-than-normal priority so that it is pushed into lenny
> even after the freeze?

Depends on the severity of the bug.

> Sorry for wasting everybody's time with such a trivial and somewhat
> needless question; I guess waiting *is* pretty much the only clear and
> rational course of action :)  Still, just thought I'd ask people who
> might have had similar issues in the past.

Sure, figuring things out together is often useful :)

 : :' :  debian gnu/linux user, admin & developer - http://www.debian.org/
   `-    NP: Wir sind Helden: The Geek (Small Inherit)