Procedural question - a bug in perl-modules :)

Hi,

I've a small procedural question regarding the course of action when
one discovers - and fixes locally - a bug in the perl-modules package :)
(and yes, I know that perl-modules does not belong to pkg-perl :)

The problem is that Net::FTP does not play nice with FTP servers which
close a data connection immediately after sending an error response to
a RETR command.  This, incidentally, breaks uscan for packages that live
on such servers[0].  I've found the problem - two (or maybe three) problems,
actually - and I've opened a CPAN ticket against libnet -
http://rt.cpan.org/Ticket/Display.html?id=37700

Now, how to deal with the Debian side?  One option is to notify
Brendan O'Dea, the perl-modules maintainer, immediately; another one
is to wait a while for Graham Barr's reaction to the CPAN ticket.
My personal preference is towards the second option - after all,
it will probably be much wiser for the Debian maintainers to integrate
an upstream fix :)  My only worry is that we might be getting a bit
ahead in the Lenny release cycle; or would such a fix be uploaded
with a higher-than-normal priority so that it is pushed into lenny
even after the freeze?

Sorry for wasting everybody's time with such a trivial and somewhat
needless question; I guess waiting *is* pretty much the only clear and
rational course of action :)  Still, just thought I'd ask people who
might have had similar issues in the past.

G'luck,
Peter

[0]  Quite unrelated to the problem at hand, but one such package is dante;
I noticed a couple of RC bugs in it last week, did some work on fixing them
locally, and only today thought to check if it might be mentioned in wnpp;
sure enough, it was orphaned.  Then, later today I decided to figure out
just *why* my trivial watchfile from last week was not working - and
stumbled upon a libnet bug.

--
Peter Pentchev	roam@ringlet.net    roam@cnsys.bg    roam@FreeBSD.org
The rest of this sentence is written in Thailand, on