Re: Group logo

Damyan Ivanov <dmn@debian.org> wrote:
> From my reading of "The Perl Camel Usage and Trademark
> Information"[1], this would require permission from O'Reilly.
>     [1] http://www.oreillynet.com/pub/a/oreilly/perl/usage/

So if that's valid, any debian-perl logo using that camel would be
non-free, which would be non-cool.

I wondered: is the perl onion freely available?  It seems not at first
glance.  See http://www.perlfoundation.org/perl_trademark

To summarise: ARRRRRRRRRRGH!

Can we use another onion or camel or is that sailing too close to the
wind?  Brand one or cut one into a debian swirl?  Well, probably not
cut the camel up - that'd be a bit gory.

Annoyed by O'Reilly again, and Mozilla for being the leading actor
using trademarks to obstruct free software, and just generally annoyed
at the horrible state of free software trademarks,
--
MJR/slef