bugs and patches in Debian

Hi,

a month or two ago in Oslo we discussed with Jeremiah and others
that I would like to make it easy for everyone, including the CPAN module
authors to see which of the CPAN modules are distributed by Debian.

In addition I would like to add a kwalitee metric to CPANTS
http://cpants.perl.org/
indicating that the module is distributed by Debian without any local patches
and that it has no bugs reported in Debian.

I hope that having such metric on CPANTS will encourage CPAN developers
to make sure they pick up the patches from Debian and fix the bugs reported
in Debian.

So we figured out the best would be if there was a cron job on some
debian server
generating a csv file with fileds like
Perl-Package-Name,CPAN Version,Number of patches,Number of bugs,Link
to its home page in Debian

I guess I am talking about Debian Unstable here but we can discuss this.

I can then fetch this file and update the CPANTS database with this information.

As Jeremiah probably has other things to do now and I'd like to make this move
forward I would like to ask if anyone on the list could create such a csv file.

regards
   Gabor

--
Gabor Szabo