cdbs and dh7 (was: libhtml-wikiconverter-perl and friends)

On Tue, 20 May 2008 08:42:31 +0200, Jonas Smedegaard wrote:

> For the record, I am interested in switching from cdbs to debhelper v7.

dh7 has already been occasionally discussed on IRC (#debian-perl),
and several people seem to be interested to learn it and probably
switch to it.

I guess we should try to form a common opinion within the group.

> But I want to preserve my added innovation (the custom cdbs rules below
> debian/cdbs) and have not yet found time to look closer at how to hook
> that onto debhelper v7.

FWIW:
* dh7 has since 7.0.8 (4th May) a --with=foo ("sequence addon")
  function, maybe that helps.
* I have to admit that I never took the time to understand the
  tweaked/advanced cdbs functions. Converging to a common base for
  debian/rules would make my life easier.

 : :' :  debian gnu/linux user, admin & developer - http://www.debian.org/
   `-    NP: Various Artists: Manuel Ponce Sonatina Meridional Campo Allegretto