Re: libcurses-ui-poe-perl - can somebody review please?

-=| Antony Gelberg, Thu, May 08, 2008 at 12:09:20AM +0000 |=-
> I have injected libcurses-ui-poe-perl into SVN.  It was in bad shape
> when I grabbed it from CPAN, but Scott upstream has been very helpful,
> and my ping resulted in a new release.

Nice :)

Some clarification of copyright/licensing could still be done:

examples/color_editor:
 # (c) 2001-2002 by Maurice Makaay. All rights reserved.
 # This file is part of Curses::UI::POE. Curses::UI::POE is free
 # software.
 # You can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms
 # as perl itself.
 #
 # e-mail: maurice@gitaar.net
 #
 # Color demo 2003 (c) by Marcus Thiesen
 # marcus@cpan.org

I wonder what license Marcus wants for his work.

examples/demo-color, demo-language, demo-widgets, hello_world,
irc_client, mouse_focustest, pop3_reader:
 no copyright/license whatsoever. Not critical as it would be /assumed/
 "same as the main module", but while you are at it...  :)

> Now it passes tests, is lintian clean, and bullds in cow.

My lintian produce three warnings. It would be nice if they are fixed
before uploading:

W: libcurses-ui-poe-perl: description-synopsis-might-not-be-phrased-properly
N:
N:   The synopsis (first line in the package "Description:" field, the
N:   short description) ends with a full stop "." character. This is not
N:   necessary, as the synopsis doesn't need to be a full sentence. It is
N:   recommended that a descriptive phrase is used instead.
N:
N:   Note also that the synopsis is not part of the rest of the
N:   "Description:" field.
N:
N:   Refer to Policy Manual, section 3.4.1 for details.
N:
W: libcurses-ui-poe-perl: new-package-should-close-itp-bug
N:
N:   This package appears to be the first packaging of a new upstream
N:   software package (there is only one changelog entry and the Debian
N:   revision is 1), but it does not close any bugs. The initial upload of
N:   a new package should close the corresponding ITP bug for that package.
N:
N:   This warning can be ignored if the package is not intended for Debian
N:   or if it is a split of an existing Debian package.
N:
N:   Refer to Developers Reference, section 5.1 for details.
N:
W: libcurses-ui-poe-perl: possible-missing-colon-in-closes Closes #479206
N:
N:   To close a bug in the Debian changelog, the word "closes" must be
N:   followed by a colon. This entry looked like it was intended to close a
N:   bug, but there's no colon after "closes".
N:
N:   Refer to Policy Manual, section 4.4 for details.
N:

The last two are actually one.

$ lintian -V
Lintian v1.23.48

I've added a short TODO to debian/changelog and changd the distribution
to UNRELEASED. Revert that when you're done.

Thanks for your work!