(Fwd) [rt.cpan.org #34908] Overload broken

Could someone with more clue about that XML stuff than me (Niko
maybe?) please take a look at the following?

----- Forwarded message from MIROD via RT <bug-XML-XPathEngine@rt.cpan.org> -----

From: MIROD via RT <bug-XML-XPathEngine@rt.cpan.org>
To: gregor+debian@comodo.priv.at
Subject: [rt.cpan.org #34908] Overload broken
Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2008 04:19:34 -0400
RT-Ticket: rt.cpan.org #34908
Managed-by: RT 3.6.HEAD (http://www.bestpractical.com/rt/)
RT-Originator: MIROD@cpan.org

On Sat Apr 12 07:41:29 2008, gregor+debian@comodo.priv.at wrote:

> in the Debian bug tracker we have a report that shows that
> overloading is broken in various modules. It was originally reported
> against XML::XPath but seems to still apply for XML::XPathEngine.
>
> The report (containing a proposed solution and a test script) can be
> found at http://bugs.debian.org/460297. Please consider looking into
> this issue.

Thanks,

Indeed the bug showed up in XML::XPathEngine. The fix I found though was
not to set the fallback overload, but rather to get findvalue to return
real strings as opposed to XML::XPathEngine::Literal objects. Those
objects are useless outside of the XPath engine, so keeping them around
doesn't seem to do anyone any good.

Does this make sense?

An updated version is at http://xmltwig.com/module/xml-xpathengine/
The bug will be tested through XML::DOM::XPath.

__
mirod

----- End forwarded message -----

 : :' :  debian: the universal operating system - http://www.debian.org/
   `-    You're dead, Jim.  -- McCoy, "Amok Time", stardate 3372.7