Re: libgtk2-imageview-perl

On Fri, 04 Apr 2008 21:19:24 +0200, Jeffrey Ratcliffe wrote:

> >  > >  Maybe an issue of checking the source vs. the binary package?
> >  > Don't see the warning then, either.
> > Strange.
> Yeah. I don't understand it, either. There also seems to be some
> caching going on with the installed PODs, too.

Hm, TTBOMK lintian neither caches nor uses installed stuff.

Can you give us the command you use for calling lintian?

> >  W: libgtk2-imageview-perl: manpage-has-bad-whatis-entry usr/share/man/man3/Gtk2::ImageView::Tool.3pm.gz
> >  (I guess the problem is in IImageTool.xs at the "for object
> >  Gtk2::ImageView::Tool" line at the top.)
> I think I have fixed this.

*building*
*checking*

Yeah, the package is lintian clean!

> >  Another note: if I'm not mistaken most members of the pkg-perl group
> >  prefer to have changes against the upstream source splitted out into
> >  separate patches in debian/patches (usually using quilt [0]).
> Yeah. Sorry forgot. Different groups have different preferences. All
> in quilt now.

Great!

(I've added "(>= 0.40)" to quilt's build dependency; that's the
version that introduced /usr/share/quilt/quilt.make used in
debian/rules.)

> Thanks for the help

No problem. Thanks for your work!

I've just looked through the files in debian/, and IMO the package is
ready for upload.

 : :' :  debian: the universal operating system - http://www.debian.org/
   `-    NP: Billy Joel: Uptown Girl