Re: libgtk2-imageview-perl

On Thu, 03 Apr 2008 22:51:47 +0200, Jeffrey Ratcliffe wrote:

> >  Maybe an issue of checking the source vs. the binary package?
> Don't see the warning then, either.

Strange.

> I've cleaned up the inline docs in the xs, though, and think I might
> have fixed this. I'd appreciate it if someone could check for the
> warnings again.

When I run
lintian -iI ../build-area/libgtk2-imageview-perl_0.04-1_i386.changes
after building the package I still get one warning:

W: libgtk2-imageview-perl: manpage-has-bad-whatis-entry usr/share/man/man3/Gtk2::ImageView::Tool.3pm.gz
N:
N:   Each manual page should start with a `NAME' section, which lists the
N:   name and a brief description of the page seperated by '\-'. These
N:   sections are parsed by `mandb' and stored in a database for the use of
N:   `apropos' and `whatis', so they must be in a certain format. This
N:   manual page apparently uses the wrong format and cannot be parsed by
N:   `mandb'.
N:
N:   For information on how `NAME' sections should be written see
N:   lexgrog(1). See also groff_man(7) and groff_mdoc(7) for general
N:   information on writing manual pages.

(I guess the problem is in IImageTool.xs at the "for object
Gtk2::ImageView::Tool" line at the top.)

Another note: if I'm not mistaken most members of the pkg-perl group
prefer to have changes against the upstream source splitted out into
separate patches in debian/patches (usually using quilt [0]).

[0]
http://pkg-perl.alioth.debian.org/howto/quilt.html

 : :' :  debian: the universal operating system - http://www.debian.org/
   `-    NP: Anouar Brahem: Les ailes du Bourak