Niko Tyni <email@example.com> writes: > It would be good to get most (if not all) of the remaining 30 or so > arch:any FTBFS bugs fixed before the upload. Just about all of them have > patches filed, so with one or two people (I can be one :) NMU'ing them, > I suppose a week or so would be enough. If it shouldn't be done by then, I will try to help next weekend, as a BSP was scheduled anyway. > Marc, please let us know when the release team would like the upload > to happen. It's a bit complicated right now. We have a major problem around openexr/kdelibs, which stands in the way of almost any transition, including the suitesparse/OO.org bits, which have been waiting for quite a long time. After those have been resolved (hopefully in the next few days), we planned to do switch the python default to python2.5, which I expect to need another week until it's done. After that, the way is free for Perl5.10. OTOH, uploading before python2.5 is done will make everything much more complex, so if you don't want to unleash the wrath of the release team, you better ask before doing the upload :-) All in all, I would expect that we will need at least 10 days (though a bit over two weeks sounds more realistic) before the way is clear for Perl5.10. Marc -- BOFH #212: Of course it doesn't work. We've performed a software upgrade.
Description: PGP signature