Re: RFC: Pending changes in dh-make-perl

Damyan Ivanov dijo [Tue, Mar 18, 2008 at 01:21:38PM +0200]:
> > > IIRC, there were no objections for setting DH compat level to 6 for
> > > *new* packages. I have no strong feelings, though.
> >
> > Oh, but there were.  The same backporting argument applies to new packages
> > as well as to existing ones, after all.
>
> Right. Even if I find it strange to backport new packages, I have no
> problems with it.
>
> How about this:
>
>  * make dh-make-perl use DH 5 in generated files
>  * lenny releases with debhelper 6
>  * make dh-make-perl use DH6 in generated files
>
> Any objections for this?

Sounds sensible. Of course, "backporting" will still mean "backporting
to Etch" or "to Sarge" or even more in specific cases. But our base
should be current-stable, /methinks.

Greetings,

PGP key 1024D/8BB527AF 2001-10-23