Re: RFC: Pending changes in dh-make-perl

On Mon, 17 Mar 2008 14:30:45 +0200, Damyan Ivanov wrote:

>   * Set debhelper compatibility level of the created package to 6.

> Please raise your voice if anything of the above looks suspicious.

I'm not sure any more (although I made this change) if we should
already bump dh_compat now. As sgran has explained very well on IRC
that might make backporters try to find out a specific reason why 6
is used, which just takes time.
(OTOH debhelper itself recommends using compatibility level 6, and
the later we switch the more "ancient" version we will see ...)

> I personally am perfectly fine with all the changes, except I am not
> sure what are "source" and "diff" targets needed for. Does anyone
> remember what they are/were used for? If ther are not used, we better
> remove them from the templates.

Agreed.

 : :' :  debian: the universal operating system - http://www.debian.org/
   `-    NP: Dido: Don't Think Of Me