Re: Speaking about debian-perl to conferences

Jeremiah C. Foster dijo [Sun, Mar 02, 2008 at 03:48:44PM +0100]:
> Hello everyone,
>
>       I have an opportunity to speak to an audience of perl hackers
> about how debian incorporates CPAN modules into debian. There are
> people more qualified than I to give this talk but I feel it is
> better that _someone_ gives it than if no one gives it so I am going
> to go ahead and prepare a talk. The talk would be given at the Perl
> QA workshop in Oslo in the beginning of April.[0]
>
>       One of the sources from which I would like to directly
> plagiarize from is the talk that Gunnar gave in September at
> YAPC::EU.[1] It is detailed and thourough, I doubt I could go
> through the whole thing, but perhaps I could distill the talk into a
> shorter version more appropriate for the workshop.

Hi!

It's a honor for me :) Please go ahead. I re-wrote it as a much
smaller version (4000 words - ~1/8th the size) [1] for a Mexican
magazine, if you want I can re-translate it into English. Of course,
it might be useful also to you to have the complete article and
presentation I used there [2].

>      Are there other topics that people on this list feel is more
> suitable for a QA workshop? Gunnar, is it okay with you that I
> blantantly steal from your presentation?  Any changes I make I will
> run by the list first. I don't presume that I speak for debian and I
> highly doubt anyone will confuse my presentation with any type of
> official policy, but I do like to speak about debian whenever
> possible since I so strongly believe in its role as the leading free
> linux distribution.

I hereby declare my work to be property of the group. And, Jeremiah,
thanks a lot! :-)

[1] http://gwolf.org/soft/coord_desarrollo_integracion_sl

[2] http://gwolf.org/soft/integrating_perl_in_distro

PGP key 1024D/8BB527AF 2001-10-23