Re: Cleaning Uploaders -- a mistake?

On Jan 17, 2008 3:54 PM, Russ Allbery <rra@debian.org> wrote:

> I don't think the DM concept is particularly useful for the debian-perl
> group unless we're going to add the DM-Upload-Allowed flag to every
> package.  So much of the work of the group is cross-package work, driven
> by global audits or reviews of every Perl module that has a newer
> upstream.  Even the people who aren't working widely cross-package are
> usually maintaining groups of packages.

Hmm, perhaps there are DMs who can be trusted to uploaded every
package with the team in the maintainer field (like gregor)? It might
be interesting to have team foo -> DMs X Y X mappings to allow certain
DMs to upload all packages with team foo as the maintainer.

--
bye,
pabs

http://wiki.debian.org/PaulWise