Re: updated libhtml-treebuilder-xpath-perl

-=| gregor herrmann, Thu, Nov 29, 2007 at 05:01:27PM +0100 |=-
> On Thu, 29 Nov 2007 15:57:27 +0100, Jeremiah Foster wrote:
>
> > So I updated it and would like it if someone took a look at it to see if
> > it is uploadable or if it needs more work.
>
> Looks good. Minor nitpicks ("Damyan style" :)):

I'd like to support my preferences with some evidence :)

http://www.cpan.org/modules/by-module/HTML/ returns 373k
http://search.cpan.org/dist/HTML-TreeBuilder-XPath/ returns 5k

> * in debian/rules you could
>   - use "$(QUILT_STAMPFN)" instead of "patch" (I seem to remember
>     that depending on stamp files is better)

    build: patch build-stamp

allows for the "patch" and "build-stamp" targets to be satisfied in
parallel. Not what we need, especially if the patches applied should
change the build process. The right dependency would be:
    build: build-stamp
    build-stamp: $(QUILT_STAMPFN)

>   - let install-stamp depend on build-stamp instead of install depend
>     on build

Likewise:
    install: build install-stamp
allows for the "build" and "install-stamp" targets to be satisfied in
parallel.

>     and build-stamp depend on $(QUILT_STAMPFN) instead of
>     build depend on patch/$(QUILT_STAMPFN) (but I'm still not sure if
>     I understood those makefile target dependencies correctly)

Is the above comment satisfactory? Perhaps I should add some more
explainations to quilt.pod.

As I see it, *-stamp targets should only depend on other *-stamp
targets. Otherwise the stamp is useless and the target would be
re-satisfied each time.