Re: yaz upstream

gregor herrmann wrote:
> On Wed, 26 Sep 2007 11:57:08 +0300, Damyan Ivanov wrote:
>>> I'm not sure if the maintainer of yaz is actually MIA but at least
>>> with regard to yaz he seems more or less inactive. Could you take a
>>> look into the MIA database of the echolon iformation in LDAP?
>> Not in the database, last message is from 06 Jun 2007 (debian-bugs-dist
>> and debian-bugs-closed -- both not archived)
>> Not in the MIA database.
>>
>> I wonder what to do if he is MIA indeed or it is otherwise not possible
>> for him to maintain yaz. libyaz2 has only 11 popcon votes...
>
> Well, somebody has to take it over :)
> (or at least upload NMUs to usntable)
>
>> Perhaps Vincent Danjean (who did the NMUs of yaz in experimental) would
>> want to take over?
>
> That has come to my mind, too (cc'ing Vincent).

  Sorry to be so long to notice this message.

  I've been interested in yaz only because I was trying to package Koha.
I still have an IPT on Koha, but I did not make a lot of progress here
(mostly because I do not have enough free time).
  At the time I looked at yaz, I uploaded it to experimental because I did
not want to break anything (it was before etch) and I do not know enough
yaz to know if its API changed.
  I can maintain it if you want [1], but I will not be a regular user of it.

  Best regards,
    Vincent

[1] only if the current maintainer agree or if it is declared MIA

--
Vincent Danjean       GPG key ID 0x9D025E87         vdanjean@debian.org
GPG key fingerprint: FC95 08A6 854D DB48 4B9A  8A94 0BF7 7867 9D02 5E87