Re: libpar-packer-perl and /usr/bin/par

-=| Niko Tyni, Fri, Nov 16, 2007 at 09:24:21PM +0200 |=-
> I have prepared libpar-packer-perl/0.976-5 in the pkg-perl SVN repository,
> with the script renamed to 'par.pl' for now, to solve #450915 in the
> least invasive way. Would some DD please consider uploading this? It's
> much better than the current situation in any case.

Thank you very much, Niko. Package uploaded.

par.pl may look bad policy-wise, but this policy is not that relevant to
upstream and if they prefer the executable to be called that way...

I guess we can add a lintian override for this case. Being consistent
with upstream when possible is important too.