Re: RFS: libxml-xpathengine-perl

On Sep 12, 2007, at 10:22 AM, Damyan Ivanov wrote:

Jeremiah,

[ I am mailing since you're off IRC :) ]

Thanks dam!

The debian/copyright file of libxml-xpathengine-perl is still not right.
It must represent *exactly* the copyright and licensing terms of
upstream source. Briefly reading README I see that this is not true.

My mistake. I have corrected that.

While there, can you also wrap the contents somewhere before 80th column?

Yes of course, I should have done that and now I have.

The long description still starts with "This module". Please replace
this with "XML::XPathEngine".

You mentioned that to me twice on IRC and I thought I fixed it but apparently not. I will make sure it is fixed.

Also, reading this:
 This code is a more or less direct copy of the XML::XPath module by
 Matt Sergeant. I only removed the XML processing part to remove the
dependency on XML::Parser, applied a couple of patches, renamed a whole
 lot of methods to make Pod::Coverage happy, and changed the docs.
I am wondering:
1) who is "I" here? Perhaps that part should be reworded to be
person-neutral.
2) Are the gory details really useful here?

My proposal would be:
 This module is derived from Matt Sergeant's XML::XPath.
(or dropping it altogether)

I have opted to just state: This module is derived from Matt Sergeant's XML::XPath.

Thanks dam.

	Jeremiah