Re: Maintainer field

On Wednesday 30 May 2007 04:39, Gunnar Wolf wrote:
> > Gunnar, Alexis, Kjetil - could you please comment on the idea of
> > having the Maintainer field set to the DPG for these packages (and
> > maybe on the status of the not uploaded package while we're at it
> > ;-))
>
> Yes, of course - I prefer all of my Perl packages to be
> comaintained. I am the upstream author for this one, and maybe I
> didn't check when I originally uploaded this to the group's SVN? But
> yes, please make it maintained by the group.

Yes, I entered some packages into the repository without being a DD. The
idea was to get the needed packages for vCard in there, but alas, I ran
out of time and never got around to get them into shape enough for
release. vCard, being widely adopted in its own right, and the basis
for things such as hCard and an RDF vocabulary, is quite important.

But I guess, by having them in SVN, small incremental changes can be
done as time allows by the whole group, so that one day they may be
released. That's all, really... :-) Well, also, I think I entered a
package I needed at work.

Cheers,

Kjetil
--