Re: Maintainer field

On Tue, 29 May 2007 15:20:35 -0400, Jay Bonci wrote:

> How does one join the Debian Perl group? What does it involve?  If
> someone can contact me here or on IRC, I'd love to talk about it.
> :)
> Always wanting to be a better team player,

Sounds great!

Joining is quite easy:
* You say that you'd like to.
* You tell the pkg-perl project admins on alioth your alioth username
  -- just posting it on debian-perl@lists.debian.org is usually
  enough, they are quite quick usually in picking it up and adding
  people to the group.
* In the meantime you can read how we work together in the group at
  http://pkg-perl.alioth.debian.org/ (esp. policy.html and
  subersion.html).
* As soon as you are added you svn-inject the packages you want to
  co-maintain (and probably change the Maintainer: and Uploaders:
  field); in the case of libimager-perl you don't have the svn-inject
  it but to svn-upgrade it to the "real" version ;-)
* Now you can start enjoying the pleasures of co-maintainance ;-)

There's also #debian-perl on OFTC

 : :' :  debian: the universal operating system - http://www.debian.org/
   `-    NP: Gypsy Sun And Rainbows: Fire