RE: Debian packages for pugs and parrot

Hello,

> Allison Randal wrote:
> > The Parrot release managers will adopt the Parrot Debian
> package. None
> > of our current release managers are Debian Developers, so
> we will need
> > to find a sponsor. Let us know if you have any recommendations.
>
> I CC'ed debian-perl@lists.debian.org, I guess that's the
> right place to ask.

Definitely. ;-)

Parrot is a bit of different beastie than the perl modules we normally
handle. But I am fairly certain someone here would be willing to help. I
am not very familiar with parrot aside from having read some articles on
PIR and seen a couple talks, but it is still a bit over my head.

> > Also, is there any way we can get an upstream filing of the
> > Parrot-related requests to our ticket queue? We're not
> aware of the 2
> > RC bugs referenced by your issue #444708.

Usually the debian maintainer is responsible for forwarding bugs, since
parrot is maintainer-less it appears that this didn't happen. I will
look into this and see if I can forward them.

> You can subscribe to all parrot related QA issues here:
> http://packages.qa.debian.org/p/parrot.html (left column,
> under "PTS subscription"). If you select "Advanced Mode", you
> can chose only to get bug reports.
>
> Moritz
>
> > Allison
> >
> > Moritz Lenz wrote:
> >> Good localtime(),
> >>
> >> The Debian packages for pugs and parrot have been
> orphaned, i.e. they
> >> have no maintainer anymore, and will disappear from Debian
> if nobody
> >> takes over:
> >> http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=444708
> >> http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=444711
> >>
> >> If anybody wants to take care of these, now is the right time. You
> >> don't need to be a Debian Developer, it's enough to find one who
> >> sponsors your uploads.

The debian perl group (debian-perl@lists.debian.org) is usually quite
helpful if you are going to package perl-related software.

	Jeremiah