Re: DM and pkg-perl (alternative proposal)

gregor herrmann dijo [Thu, Nov 29, 2007 at 11:33:30PM +0100]:
> > I'm also unsure if it's really necessary to remove the note.
> > Isn't just a regular entry in the changelog enough? The sponsor
> > is supposed to check the package thoroughly in any case.
>
> I think a regular changelog entry is appropriate but a LARGE changelog
> NOTE is helpful for everyone (as it's used now for other comments
> directed to others).

/me agrees here

> > Is there any sense in the 'official' pkg-perl DM list I suggested?
> > Would it help the sponsoring DDs to decide which Uploader additions they
> > approve, without having to consider it (and list grounds for rejections)
> > on a case-by-case basis?
>
> That's a question for DDs, my pragmatical point of view is that it's
> not really necessary for the probably very small group of DMs in the
> pkg-perl group.

(sorry, I tried to cancel my previous message to reply from here - But
I cancelled with 'y', which sent the mail :-þ )

I don't think that our DMs want to be part of the uploaders field for
_every_ DM:OK package in the group! At least, I know I am an uploader
only for those packages I have some sort of personal interest in - A
DM will find himself listed for quite a bit of packages he has
probably never even touched before nor ever will!

Greetings

PGP key 1024D/8BB527AF 2001-10-23