Re: Packaging perl applications

-=| Julian Mehnle, 15.08.2007 14:01 |=-
> On Friday, 2007 August 10 13:55:26 Gunnar Wolf wrote:
>> I think we should stay focused to Perl modules. It's not that they are
>> all that different, in the end, but CPAN Perl modules have many things
>> in common: They have a common upstream repository, several common
>> packaging methodologies (Yay! Many standards to choose from! - But in
>> any case, it's not as varied as it could), a common RT/BTS. Knowing
>> how to package and how to follow one of them we can take care of the
>> rest. [...]
>
> What about Perl apps that are published on CPAN, too?  E.g., Courier::
> Filter?  (Yes, it's already in Debian, but only through a sponsor, Daniel
> Ruoso, who incidentally also is a member of the DPG.)

I think that the difference between "simple perl module" and "perl-based
application of unknown complexity" makes the later inappropriate for the
group.

Of course, you can always ask for sponsorship here :) If the application
lights some interest, you may even get one, same as with d-mentors

and, if you need a VCS repository you can always use collab-maint
project on alioth.