Re: changelogs, UNRELEASED, etc

Damyan Ivanov wrote:
> I guess adding "DEBCHANGE_RELEASE_HEURISTIC=changelog" in  ~/.devscripts
> and "svn-noautodch" in ~/.svn-buildpackage should now be added to team's
> docs? Actually, I did that now. Please give it a look.
> (http://pkg-perl.alioth.debian.org/subversion.html)

Nice. FWIW, I don't think that forgetting to use svn-noautodch is a big
problem, really.

> > I think this is a very nice approach, the only problem with it being
> > that it doesn't work for other teams that don't have such a nice page!
> > :-) I've been trying to figure out for a while a nice way to encode this
> > needs-upload state in the changelog, in a way that can be grepped for
> > like UNRELEASED can, but I haven't thought up an approach that I like
> > yet..
>
> How about a tri-state?
>
> - "UNRELEASED" - being worked on, not uploaded, not for upload yet
> - "unstable" - either uploaded or needing upload (versions.html will
> show which case we have)
> - "needs-upload" - self-explanatory :)

I considered that, but didn't like it since it overloads the release
field even further.

I also thought about things like:

foo (1.0) UNRELEASED; urgency=low; needs-upload

But like I said, don't really like it.

--
see shy jo