Re: RFC: Perl6::Say

On Fri, 03 Aug 2007 18:57:05 +0200, Jeremiah Foster wrote:

(I think you should keep debian-perl@l.d.o cc'ed to make it easiers
for others to follow.)

>> The package name looks strange to me; shouldn't it be
>> libperl6-say-perl?
> It should but I couldn't get it to show up that way for some reason. I
> hacked on the files a little bit hoping I was something I did but
> dh-make-perl insisted it should be called that. I must have done something
> wrong.

:-)
You might want to take a look at Damog's package.

Hm, I just tried `dh-make-perl --cpan Perl6::Say' now and indeed it
proposes a weird name:
Found: q[Perl6::Say] 0.09 (libq-perl6-say--perl arch=all)
Looks like a bug in dh-make-perl. [0]

But it's enough to `mv libq-perl6-say--perl_0.09.orig.tar.gz
libperl6-say-perl_0.09.orig.tar.gz' and change the name in
debian/control and debian/changelog.

>> And a package called libperl6-say-perl is already in Debian:
> Odd. I looked for it first. Apparently I did not look closely enough.

:-)

>> *
>> http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/l/libq-perl6-say--perl/libq-perl6-say--perl_0.9-1.dsc
>>   mentions the Debian Perl Group as the Maintainer but I can't see the
>>   package in our svn repo (which is good in that case because it exists
>>   already and is maintained by Damog :-))
> I thought I would put it there since I cannot upload to svn.debian.org
> since I am not a DD and do not have an account.

Ok.
If you want to join the Debian Perl Group you need to create an
account at alioth and then ask at debian-perl@l.d.o to be included in
the group.

[0]
I think the bug is in the function extract_name_ver_from_makefile
which doesn't cope with Perl6::Say's Makefile.PL's
NAME            => q[Perl6::Say],

 : :' :  debian: the universal operating system - http://www.debian.org/
   `-