Re: RFS: libauthen-simple-kerberos-perl, closes: #434772

On 15:22 Tue 31 Jul     , Damyan Ivanov wrote:
> AFAIS, libauthen-simple-kerberos-perl is recommended by
> libauthen-simple-perl, which is the only reverse-dependency I find.
> Perhaps this should be downgraded to Suggests?

I don't think so since you cannot use libauthen-simple-perl alone you have to
use it with libauthem-simple-[Net|Kerberos|...]-perl.

> I mean, it looks almost certain that by installing lib*-krb5-perl one
> intends to use Kerberos and thus krb5-config looks like a good candidate
> for Recommends. libpam-krb5 and libapache2-mod-auth-kerb *depend* on
> krb5-config.
>
> On the other hand, when installing libauthen-simple-perl, krb5 seems
> like a remote dependency. Suggests seems better here IMHO.
>
> To summarize, I propose to
>  (1) make libauthen-simple-kerberos-perl Depends: (or Recommends)
>      krb5-config

I have already put it as Recommends since you can use it without krb5-config.
So I think Depends: is to strong.

>  (2) make libauthen-simple-perl Suggests: libauthen-simple-kerberos-perl
>
> This way libauthen-simple-kerberos-perl will not be pulled in by
> default, though still be mentioned when installing libauthen-simple-perl

So you mean putting each libauthen-simple-[...]-perl that need
libauthen-simple-perl to Suggests. Note that some are missing because when I
uploaded libauthen-simpe-perl, I was not thinking that I will package all the
libauthen-simple-[..]-perl modules.

For now libauthen-simple-perl
Recommends: libauthen-simple-http-perl | libauthen-simple-pam-perl |
libauthen-simple-passwd-perl | libauthen-simple-smb-perl |
libauthen-simple-kerberos-perl

So you suggest to put:
libauthen-krb5-simple-perl
libauthen-simple-cdbi-perl