Re: Subversion repository layout

On Sat, 28 Jul 2007 17:09:02 -0400, Joey Hess wrote:

> > gregoa-guest@alioth:/svn/pkg-perl$ ll
> > [..]
> > drwxrwsr-x 7 joeyh joeyh    4096 Jul 26 06:13 test-repo
> >                    ^^^^^
> Fixed.

Thanks.
Committing works now as expected.

> > 4)
> > "svn-upgrade" with a fake new upstream-version fails with:
[..]
> > Looks like svn-upgrade (or to be more precise:
> > /usr/share/svn-buildpackage/SDCommon.pm) doesn't like this layout,
> > too. *sigh*
> >
> > Ok, ugly patch written: #434932
> Feh, I had assumed it supported the layout svn-inject used for layout 2.
> Thanks for catching that.

No problem.
svn-upgrade works now, too.

I'm just not very happy with svn-inject; first you have to get it
right from where to run it (probably above the ./trunk directory) and
where to import to (probably to the "root" of the test-repo); but
then it checks out the injected package to the current directory (I
guess that's your #434821).

The tarballs directory on the top level looks basically okay (if all
builders called by svn-buildpackage find it; I'm not quite sure when
it works and when it doesn't; probably an issue of .svn/deb-layout
...); a build-area directory on the top level only works if
.svn/dev-layout is adjusted (or the build tool is called
appropriately).

Maybe something like debian/svn-layout or setting the properties (cf.
`man svn-buildpackage') might be helpful. [0]

If this all sounds confusing that's probably because I'm confused :-)

[0]
$ cat debian/svn-deblayout
buildArea=../../build-area
origDir=../../tarballs

 : :' :  debian: the universal operating system - http://www.debian.org/
   `-    NP: Led Zeppelin: Stairway To Heaven