Re: Making all DD members of the team by default

On 16:02 Thu 26 Jul     , Raphael Hertzog wrote:

> The collab-maint project gives write access to all DD by default using
> ACL (see man setfacl and getfacl).
> $ getfacl /svn/collab-maint/
> [...]
> group:Debian:rwx
> [...]
> default:group:Debian:rwx
>
> I believe the perl and python team would benefit from using similar ACL
> so that any DD who wishes to integrate his packages in the team can do so
> without requesting access that we'll grant him anyway. We expect DD to be
> educated and to ask before messing up if they're not sure of what
> they're doing. In most cases, they'll figure it by themselves because
> the available documentation hopefully directed them correctly. :-)
>
> This also let NMUer integrate their NMU in the VCS directly if they so
> wish.
>
> As an Alioth admin, I can add those ACL. However I'd like to have your
> opinion and agreement first.

It seems to be a good idea. For my part, I agree to give write access to all DD
by default. I have see that lot of DD are mintaining perl modules alone and not
with the pkg-perl team so it would be great to have more perl modules maintained
by our team to improve as much as possible perl modules quality.

Friendly,
--
  ,''`.  Xavier Oswald <x.oswald@free.fr>
 : :' :  GNU/LINUX Debian & Debian-Edu