Re: Error.pm in Debian

Hello Damyan,

Taking over without maintainer's permission? No way.

I didn't mean to imply that :) I am familiar with the Q&A procedure and I agree with it.

A shame I didn't notice this before, because now we'll have to stick
with an old version for etch...

Well, that's life :)

Yep.

What's so wrong in the present version? (you may want to add this info
to the wishlist bugreport)

I just started using this module and there have been a zillion fixes in the last few years. The Debian version is 0.15 from 2001 (!), the latest CPAN version is from Late 2006. Notable improvements are in the area of handling uncaught exceptions.

I'll keep a eye out for this module and will offer the current maintainer an NMU via the Debian Perl Group (as I'm not a DD).

Thanks for the feedback.

Regards,

Allard