Re: Debian Perl Group

On Tue, 16 Jan 2007 16:50:32 +0100, Vincent Danjean wrote:

>   Hi,

Salut,

I'm cc'ing debian-perl@lists.debian.org because this is the Debian
Perl Group's "workplace".

>   I'm currently trying to package Koha for debian. There is
> an ITP (389876) made by an upstream developer. I work with
> them so that this packaging progress.
>   Koha is an web application to manage libraries wrote in
> perl. This is why I will need several perl modules. As I
> want to package the new koha version (3.0, not yet released),
> I do not know exactly which perl modules will be needed. So
> I do not already filled ITP for them.
>   By the way, this explains why I'm interested in
> libnet-z3950-zoom-perl available. I also prepare several
> other perl packages that I will introduce in Debian if
> Koha 3.0 requires them.

Sounds good.

>   I see in the libmarc-record-perl that you are part of the
> "Debian Perl Group". I would like to know if I can join
> this group (the alioth project is totally closed for non
> members) and

The Debian Perl Group is usually open to new members. If you want to
join please read the docs at http://pkg-perl.alioth.debian.org/ and
if you are still interested in joining just say so on
debian-perl@lists.debian.org; usually one of the alioth project
admins will add you quickly if you give your alioth username.

> if the perl packages needed by Koha can be
> co-maintained by this group (with me doing the initial
> packaging of course)

Th DPG works on packaging and maintaining perl modules, therefore I
guess that any modules you need for Koha can well be group
maintained.

> PS: my alioth/debian account is 'vdanjean'

Ah, here's already the important information for the alioth project
admins ;-)

 : :' :  debian: the universal operating system - http://www.debian.org/
   `-    NP: ACDC: Bad boy Boogie