Re: Reworking on our organization - Look at the Ruby neighbours!

On 08:39 Thu 04 Jan     , Raphael Hertzog wrote:
> On Wed, 03 Jan 2007, Gunnar Wolf wrote:
> > 2. ruby-pkg-tools includes a list of the group members [2],
> >    /usr/share/ruby-pkg-tools/pkg-ruby-extras.team - Why? Because,
> >    instead of having the mess we currently have, where each of us adds
> >    his email to the Uploaders: field of each package's debian/control,
> >    debian/control is built with the name of each of the maintainers.
>
> No, no, no. Having people listed in the Uploaders that never even touched
> the package is a no-no for me. I like the dynamic Uploaders field where
> one add himself when working on the package.

I think so !!

> Why would you want to list everybody on all packages ? The only reason I
> can see is to have all the packages listed in your personal summary
> (qa.debian.org/developer.php) but I see no point in that since there's
> already the page of the group:
> http://qa.debian.org/developer.php?login=pkg-perl-maintainers@lists.alioth.debian.org
>
> On the contrary I want to keep my personal page limited to packages I
> really maintain (even those within the team, like libdbd-pg-perl) and
> when I have extra time that I choose to dedicate to the pkg-perl group
> (which doesn't happen often :-() I can then go to the group page above.

And it is more clear if you look on a developper page, you will see what
packages the developper have work on, and not all the perl packages.

friendly,
--
  ,''`.  Xavier Oswald <x.oswald@free.fr>
 : :' :  GNU/LINUX Debian & Debian-Edu