Re: Improved Subversion guide

Damyan Ivanov wrote:
> Hi, Julian,
>
> I am just another lurker in pkg-debian list with otherwise insufficient
> free time to actually help. Anyway, I read your SVN guide and I have a
> couple of comments. Most of these are just nitpicking, but anyway...
> Please ignore any of them if you think they're irrelevant.

Thanks for the feedback.  Just for the record: except for a few paragraphs,
I did NOT write the Subversion guide.

> - The document title is "NAME" - this is what my browser shows in its
> caption and this is what is visible on
> http://pkg-perl.alioth.debian.org/ next to subversion.html
> May be change it to something like "Debian Perl Group Subversion Guide"?
>
> - "This is a work in progress, please send comments..." is duplicated in
>  INTRO and "The Tools"
>
> - "svn-inject" starts with "Like we said, svn-inject is used to
> insert...". I can't find any mention of svn-inject before this paragraph
> making me wonder if my eyes still can read :)
>
> - End of section 4.2: "If you sign the key, ..." No keys are signed,
> files are :-) - .changes, .dsc
>
> That's it. as you see, only minor things.

All good catches.  I did a little reformatting to fix the title issue,
removed the redundant "INDEX" section (it's generated automatically by
pod2html), and fixed the other things.  Again, thanks for the feedback.

> Overall, the document is very good. Thanks for taking the time to write
> it.

Yes, thank you, Allard and Joachim!

Julian.